What is Rock n’ Roll English?
This podcast is for YOU if:
- You have an intermediate level of English or above ✌.
- You are bored of listening to the normal English podcasts that teach you how to order an ice cream 💤
- You want to listen to normal people talking about normal things – like Sex, Drugs and Rock n’ Roll 👊
Why is RnR English different to other learning English podcasts?
The podcasts are NOT lessons like “today we are speaking about the Present Perfect”….
…this is how the show works:
- I speak to one of my friends (usually Boom Boom Cannon or Clarification Charlie) about a stupid topic like ‘Why Intelligent People Are Single‘ or a current issue in the news like ‘Who Will Win the UK Election?’ or any other normal conversation 2 friends would have in a pub whilst drinking a beer.
- I highlight “Rock n’ Roll Vocabulary” which are things like phrasal verbs, idioms etc. that naturally come out in the conversation – then I quickly explain the meaning so that you don’t get lost. This means that you hear the word in CONTEXT.
- At the end of the show I do a recap of all of the RnR vocabulary.
So the learning is done NATURALLY!
Listening to RnR English is the same as sitting in a pub and listening to a conversation between 2 native speakers BUT it is better than doing that because:
- You will NOT look like a STALKER! 😀
- Difficult words are HIGHLIGHTED so that you don’t get lost and understand EVERYTHING that’s being said! 😅
- You don’t need to spend money buying a drink as it’s FREE! 🎉
It’s a win win situation! 😉
How can I remember the words after I listen to the podcast?
Good question, here is what you need to do:
- LISTEN to the podcast.
- COME to this website (www.rocknrollenglish.com) and find the episode you listened to HERE so you can SEE all the words written (still in context!).
- READ the RnR Vocabulary and RnR Grammar points.
- DO the quiz at the bottom of the page that will help you understand the meaning of the words and remember them.
- USE the words as soon as possible when speaking English so that you don’t forget them!
A Guarantee from ME to YOU
- If you follow this site: You WILL learn new words. You WILL improve your listening skills. You WILL improve your English.
- If you don’t follow this site: You WON’T learn new words. You WON’T improve your listening skills. You WON’T improve your English.
It’s all very simple. It’s all very Rock n’ Roll 😉
P.S. If you’re asking yourself why it’s called “Rock n’ Roll English” it’s because you will learn Rock n’ Roll Vocabulary and Rock n’ Roll Grammar…. not because I’m Rock n’ Roll! 😬