LISTEN to the podcast. READ the RnR Grammar. DO the quiz and…. ROCK ON!
Boom Boom Cannon is BACK! 🔥 And here’s here to tell how about FEEDBACK SANDWICHES 🥪, drinking MORE than 6 beers 🍻 and there’s also talk about how to satisfy ANY women😮! Lots of RnR vocab and even some RnR connected speech, it doesn’t get more RnR than that! So just keeeeep on ROCKin’ baby! 👊
The RnR vocab that you will learn in today’s show:
- Tough acts to follow.
- I’ve been recycling old ones with Dan the Man’s name in that I thought probably I shouldn’t use when he wasn’t on the show… but now he’s back…
- I’m worried if you can cope mentally with this, ok?
- That’s a statement you’re willing to stand by, is it? You could give any woman what she wants?
- Love it. Ok… so… the next one… when you go the extra mile for someone…
- Calling in a favour as we say.
- She’s in pocket
- So you recover well from knock backs.
- Boom Boom was tagging along…
- I think you definitely thought you were there with your friends… you’re showing off… your thinking oh Godthe lads are gonna enjoy this.
- Martin… Martin clocks an attractive lady… he thinks…
- Yeah that… that was a tough one… tough to take.
- Yeah all hell will break loose.
- Yeah but what about if it… ya know… if you are mugged for your phone. If your phone is taken.
- So before we move on from that can… what is the context of these questions? I think I missed that. Why are they being posed?
- Ok, yeah! Good. I feel like we’ve undone the good work that we just did. So…
Boom Boom used some MEGA third conditional today when he said
“Had he been on foot, I would have probably chased him”.
Notice though that he DIDN’T start with “if I had been”, why? Because he’s RnR!
This is another way that we can use the 3rd conditional, start with ‘had’, then the subject, this is called an inversion sentence baby and it’s very SEXY! 👊
When you have listened to the podcast and read the above, then you’re ready for the quiz below! 👊
To follow RnR English on Facebook, click HERE.
To listen to RnR English on your phone, click HERE.
PLEASE also leave me a REVIEW in iTunes, HERE are the instructions on what to do!