LISTEN to the podcast. READ the RnR Grammar. LEARN the vocab and…. ROCK ON!
GIRL POWER! 👊 That’s the vibe in today’s episode where we talk about telling Google to SHUT UP 🤫, burning BRAS 😲 and lots more! Just keeeeeeep on ROCKin’ baby! 💣
The RnR vocab that you will learn in today’s show:
- We already know that! Of course I can! That’s a given though… remember a given… something that’s obvious! Everyone knows that! Ok?
- Yes exactly. Bird remember is a word I used on a recent podcast… quite recent and Clarification Charlie told me off!
- I did remember how to do my job but I did also fall out with a number of people as well!
- I’m sure that would pay the mortgage!
- Do ya know… I don’t know… I find that hard… there are some women that are quite kind at my work but there are also… actually my school is run by 2 females.
- She was trying to sort of ya know mince her words there.
- But why did they say yes?! It was clearly an empty gesture.
- in England people would say no you’re ok… because they wouldn’t want to put you out… whereas maybe in Sicily they’re like… yeah!
- But as I said when they said yes I was just thinking how am I going to get out of this? It’s a fucking nightmare.
- That is a fire hazard. Ok? So a hazard is something that is dangerous.
- This is true. Very flammable.
- So ya know at work… have you got many good relationships…. do you get on with everyone?
- You need to buck your ideas up though if you think you’re gonna pass that interview meeting thing.
- I can’t clarify for shit.
- I think that’s a made up illness, ok? So made up…
- We often say the Sat Nav’s trying to have like one big joke with us! Just sort of… just send us on a little way that is not correct. It’s ridiculous!
- Well until you’re on the payroll…
- Charlie: Just a small 8 mil!
- Ya know… you’re not greedy… you don’t want 9!
In today’s episode when I was talking about the research study that took 40 years, I said:
“If your research is being read out on Rock n Roll English that is not a good sign”
Present Continuous passive baby – oh YEA! Just like the present continous, we use it for things that are happening in a SPECIFIC moment, but as the action was being done by someone else (me reading) we use the PASSIVE!
Most people know how to use the passive quite well, but just remember that it also exists in the present continuous form! 👊
To follow RnR English on Facebook, click HERE.
To listen to RnR English on your phone, click HERE.
PLEASE also leave me a REVIEW in iTunes, HERE are the instructions on what to do!