A test to see how trustworthy the Hellraiser is where we also talking about taking off your trousers and pants on a motorway 👖, falling over in train stations 🏃♂️, sleeping in dog’s beds 🛏️ and lots more! So put on your headphones, sit back and relax and just keeeeeeep on ROCKin’, baby! 👊
The RnR Vocabulary that you will learn in this episode:
- It’s difficult to track the Hellraiser down
- Feeling’s mutual
- Vague language
- Someone has broken into your house
- Everyone’s a winner
- The Hellraiser is quite a maverick
- When you stand someone up
- He took me aside and said “my girlfriend’s cousin’s dead”
- He gave his long winded excuse
- He took his beer as well, that was the kick in the teeth
- All’s well that ends well
- Baby RnR started kicking a bit of a fuss
- So we pulled over
- Just a number 1
- It was just total pandemonium
- I’ll get in the water
- That is mind blowing
- God knows what his dog used to pick up every day
- I was gutted
- I was in pieces; I was distraught
- If you wanted to make a go of stuff
- I didn’t want to stick around for the people to laugh at me
In today’s podcast, at the beginning when I was talking about The Hellraiser vague language of “we could do” “it’s possible” and I said “we’d been talking about doing the podcast for a bit”, notice that sex past perfect continuous of “we had been talking about…”, we use this instead of “we had talked about it” because we want to emphasise the DURATION, to say that we had been talking about it FOR a long time – but we didn’t actually mention the time, but it is implied in the meaning!
To follow RnR English on Facebook, click HERE.
To listen to RnR English on your phone, click HERE.
PLEASE also leave me a REVIEW in iTunes, HERE are the instructions on what to do!