Have you ever wondered what they are? Well we’re here to speak about some today, plus there’s talk of bears dropping from trees 🐻, fighting wild dogs whilst pooing 😅, expensive Kit Kats 🍫 and lots more! Charlie from The British English Podcast is back (he must be a great guest if he got invited on the show again 😁) to talk us through the differences, so sit back, get your headphones on and just keeeeeep on ROCKin’, baby! 👊
The RnR Vocab that you will learn in today’s episode:
- I feel ya
- You currently reside in Australia
- I’m a sucker for nature now
- The spade will also come in handy if you see a dingo
- So that’s all intact (my penis)
- Most people don’t need to fend off dingos with a spade every night
- They do it to fend off tourists
- I fell for it (drop bears)
- They eat you alive with their fangs
- I haven’t come across any creatures recently
- When I touched down in the UK
- On a good run, it takes about 40 mins to arrive at the beach
- Have you got any soil on your trainers?
- I didn’t sleep a wink
- I made a faux pas as I brought my own Barbie to a Barbie
- You don’t have fire drills for nothing
- Most of the middle of Australia is inhabitable
- We’re fucking close to the beach, excuse my French
- Gasping for air
- I thought I could carry on, or I could have a beer… I went for the latter option in the end
- It’s just something they tell you to shit you up
- Maybe I need to cut back on the beers
- Eating out costs less, drinking costs more, so it evens itself out
- Some Kit Kat gags there
- It was straight gin at 11am
- I’ll be such a tosser when I’m 36
- I was keeping myself to myself and got thrown out
- The Americans were so besotted with our accent
- Some of them have a chip on their shoulder and think that they are better than us
“If only he had explained it like you” is what I said in the episode. So when we speak about past wishes, we use the Past Perfect after I wish!
To follow RnR English on Facebook, click HERE.
To listen to RnR English on your phone, click HERE.
PLEASE also leave me a REVIEW in iTunes, HERE are the instructions on what to do!